Raw pumpkin doughnut holes

Raw pumpkin doughnut holes

Doughnut or donut? I can never decide. But regardless of how you choose to spell it, I think we can all agree that doughnuts are a gift from the gods. Raw doughnuts especially because, unlike their fried counterparts, they don't leave you feeling sluggish after you've eaten five too many. Which I have a really bad habit of doing. They're best straight from the freezer, and you can enjoy them plain or coated in raw powdered cinnamon sugar. Just don't be surprised when the entire batch has magically disappeared at the end of the day. They're kinda, sorta addictive.

RAW PUMPKIN DOUGHNUT HOLES (GF)

1 c. raw cashews
1 c. oat groat flour
1/2 c. flax meal
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
6 medjool dates, pitted
1/4 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. agave nectar

In a food processor, blend the cashews into a fine meal. Add the flour, flax meal and pumpkin pie spice; process until combined. Add the dates, pumpkin puree and agave nectar; process until the mixture forms a thick dough. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; using your hands, roll the dough into perfectly round balls. Freeze for 45 minutes then transfer the doughnut holes to an air tight container and store in the freezer. If you want to coat them with powdered cinnamon sugar, coat them just before serving.

Yield: 30 doughnut holes

8 comments:

  1. Your balls are perfectly circular. I'm so impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see these disappearing quickly in our home, too. they look perfect and sound most excellent, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, these are the type of things I don't care about eating too much of. But I know I really should. Oh well, they're raw! (that's always my excuse with raw treats).

    I will have to make these. Especially since I have pumpkin spice now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is groat flour? That is a new one for me! They look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look ammmmazing. And beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brilliant! I can't wait to try this recipe. I make a somewhat similar protein ball made the same way. They make the best snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to make these this week! They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete